Re: -P fix

Hello!

> > > My solution is to add another option -p that will allow you to
> > > specify a file that the last working directory is written to.
> >
> > That's fine.
>
> 1. Remove old -P, rename -p to -P.

Is there any reason to rename the short option rather than just require
the argument?  Should the long option (--printwd) be renamed as well?

> 2. Add help for -P everwhere.

It's done properly now.

> 3. Make mc.sh a wrapper script instead?
>    Then you could use  alias mc=/usr/lib/mc/bin/mc.sh or whatever.

I agree.  That's what I meant.  Perhaps I was unclear.

> > We have a save temporary directory now, so using mktemp is probably
> > not needed - mc itself can create files safely.
>
> If you want MC to create the temporary file, won't you end up with
> exactly the same issues as before? Or do you intend to make use of a
> file whose name is known from the beginning? (E.g. $HOME/.mc/mcpwd.$$
> where $$ is the pid of the parent processes - the shell.)

You are right.  The filename should be known from the beginning.  That
doesn't meant the the directory should exist from the beginning.  If the
parent shell uses a name in the mc temporary directory (/tmp/mc-$USER),
the directory will be created by mc if it doesn't exist.

I'll try to implement the new scheme step by step.  I have already changed
the -P option to take an argument.  The scripts will need to be rewritten,
Then the manual will be changed.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin