Re: Backward search in the internal viewer

Hello!

I have finally found time to test your patch, but it didn't apply cleanly.
I could apply it by hand, but I'm not sure if I did it right.

I don't like introducing another preprocessor symbol NO_BK_SEARCH,
especially because symbols with the negative meaning (NO_something,
DISABLE_this) force the developers to apply an additional logical
operation in their heads.

I decided to "prepare ground" to make the final patch easier to read.  I
reformatted view.c and changed charset.h so that it now provides dummy
macros to be used when the charset support is disabled.

I'm attaching your patch against the new view.c, without and single
preprocessor directive.  Please check that convert_from_input() is called
right, it could have been duplicated when I was applying your patch.

I still don't feel I can apply this patch without having more time to
review the patch and running it through gdb.  But I'll do it after you
check the simplified version.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin