Re: [BUG] mc edit Floating point exception 4.6.0pre1

Hi!

> > and one more...
> > i have trouble in use ftp capabilities under user:
> > when i connect to ftp server - i see notning on panel, and in tips
> > string i see 'ftpfs: failed; nowhere to fallback to'
> > while under r00t - all ok.
> > this my mistake or bug?
>
> There are too little details to reproduce this problem.  I remember
> similar bugreports in the past.  In any case it cannot be your mistake.
> I also remember seeing this message myself if the ftp server disconnects
> on timeout and I press Ctrl-R to reload the listing.
>
> The message is so strange because ftpfs tries to use UNIX options for "ls"
> and then falls back to more portable options.  If that fails as well, this
> message is printed.  In your case it makes no sense because you don't know
> and don't have to know what ftpfs tries to do before it fails.
>
> It's a reminder for the contributors - try to see the whole picture, not
> just the problem your patch tries to solve.  I recommend that whoever
> submits a patch that changes user-visible strings also provides the
> translation to his/her native language.  "nowhere to fallback to" may look
> very solid when written in English, but try writing this in your language
> and think again if your friends will understand what it is about when they
> see this message on the screen.

It was me, and long time ago. I do not know how to make the message
easier -- it should just never ever happen for them. I guess in my
native language it would be "nemam co dalsiho zkusit" (actually
"nem\'am co dal\vs\'iho zkusit).

								Pavel
--
Worst form of spam? Adding advertisment signatures ala sourceforge.net.
What goes next? Inserting advertisment *into* email?