Re: [BUG] mc edit Floating point exception 4.6.0pre1

Hello!

> this steps cause <Floating point exception>
>
> open any file in internal editor to edit
> set tabulation step to 0
> press <TAB>

I confirm it.

> and one more...
> i have trouble in use ftp capabilities under user:
> when i connect to ftp server - i see notning on panel, and in tips
> string i see 'ftpfs: failed; nowhere to fallback to'
> while under r00t - all ok.
> this my mistake or bug?

There are too little details to reproduce this problem.  I remember
similar bugreports in the past.  In any case it cannot be your mistake.
I also remember seeing this message myself if the ftp server disconnects
on timeout and I press Ctrl-R to reload the listing.

The message is so strange because ftpfs tries to use UNIX options for "ls"
and then falls back to more portable options.  If that fails as well, this
message is printed.  In your case it makes no sense because you don't know
and don't have to know what ftpfs tries to do before it fails.

It's a reminder for the contributors - try to see the whole picture, not
just the problem your patch tries to solve.  I recommend that whoever
submits a patch that changes user-visible strings also provides the
translation to his/her native language.  "nowhere to fallback to" may look
very solid when written in English, but try writing this in your language
and think again if your friends will understand what it is about when they
see this message on the screen.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin