Re: (fwd) ncurses vs slang

Hello!

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

> These mails from mutt-dev dbnet net can be related to
>
> ncurses 5.2 turns off keypad under heavy load on xterm.  Check if
> anything can be done about it.
>
> See last mail in link and thanks to Andrew W. Nosenko for
> sending these mails to me.

Thanks, but keypad is used for keyboard input, and this thread is about
screen output.  Besides, last time I checked, the keypad bug was specific
to xterm and could not be reproduced on rxvt with the same TERM, so any
misinterpretation of terminfo can be probably ruled out.

It's just a matter of linking with with static non-optimized ncurses and
running keypad() through the debugger.  I don't expect it to be very hard,
unless we are forced to reimplement some parts of ncurses.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin