Re: Backward search in the internal viewer

Pavel Roskin wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:

Hello,

this feature is documented, but I don't know was this one implemented before 4.1. I implemented it for normal and hex search in 2000,
but it was rejected because it had not regular search.

I have no ideas how to implement this search for ^[a-b], ^[^c-G\]\] and ^(bif|foo)? cases without much efforts.

I didn't realize at that time that regex search backwards is hard. Please resend your patch or just apply it if you are certain that it's OK.
I remember it also included case sensitive support.  That would be really

No, it was patch to implement case insensitive context search in "Find file". But I plan to implement case sensitive search support for viewer.

great.  New users are not supposed to know if the search in the viewer is
case sensitive or not.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov