Re: Select box message translation?

Hello!

> >You made that message non-translatable, but I guarantee you that somebody
> >will make it translarable very soon if this patch is applied.  It's just
> >odd to have part of the dialog in English and part, say, in French.
> >
> Translatable?  OK, you got me there. :)

Good.  I actually wasn't sure whether you did it intentionally, so that
the translators would not waste their time on the temporary hack until
somebody (i.e. me) does it right.  That's why I said that I don't like it.

> I've looked at those .Po files, and short of manually pasting the line
> into each one, is there something else I can do?  Should I add it to the
> French one ("Ajouter \"/\" pour les repertoires.") and let others take
> it from there?  How does .po work?  I've never touched it :( being a
> spoiled anglo.

There was a translatable string on the same line you changed!

Just replace "String" with _("String") and it becomes translatable.
That's it.  Translations are updated using special make targets in the
"po" directory, and you should worry about them unless you want to help
with some of the translations.

> Is there a HOWTO-make-stuff-translatable.html somewhere?

info gettext

Google sometimes helps too.

--
Regards,