Select box message translation?

Hello.

You made that message non-translatable, but I guarantee you that somebody
will make it translarable very soon if this patch is applied.  It's just
odd to have part of the dialog in English and part, say, in French.

Translatable?  OK, you got me there. :)

I've looked at those .Po files, and short of manually
pasting the line into each one, is there something else
I can do?  Should I add it to the French one
("Ajouter \"/\" pour les repertoires.") and let others
take it from there?  How does .po work?  I've never
touched it :( being a spoiled anglo.

Is there a HOWTO-make-stuff-translatable.html
somewhere?

Cheers.