Re: [Possible BUG] FISH doesnt read the contents of the home dir on the remote machine if one connects like this user@host

Hello!

> If one tries to connect with the following syntax - user host:/home/path
> everything is fine, but if he/she tries to use user host he/she will end
> up in the root dir of the remote machine.

It's great that you started looking into this problem.  It's one of the
major problems on the way to the 4.6.0 release.  You can find it in
src/TODO:

ftp and fish with home != '/' - readjust directory to the home.

I mean that if mc changes to user host, then the current directory becomes
user host:/home/path.  It's important to make sure that user host:/ is the
root directory, so that the result of reading of user host is not cached
as user host:/

I'm not sure if that can be implemented easily.  The alternative is to
change to the root directory.  That's how fish works, and nobody
complains.

I asked what is better in the mailing list and there were no answers
except one guy who wrote that he can change to user host and then select
the _real_ current directory from the "Active VFS list".

I guess with such low interest to this problem we don't have to spend too
much time on it.  If readjustment of the current directory works, then
fine, if it's a problem, then let's start with root.

In any case, the current situation cannot be tolerated, and mc cannot be
released until we fix it somehow.  Currently mc shows the home directory,
but acts on the root directory.

> I havent investigated this problem in depth but it seems that if you set
> the local variable 'local' in vfs_s_get_path_mangle,direntry.c to the
> contents of super->u.fish->cwdir it will work properly. I feel though
> that this is not the right way to fix this proble, but I dont have more
> time today to investigate further.

Actually, I thought that fish is OK.  Actually, I just tried, and I cannot
reproduce the problem with fish (CVS mc, of course).  But it is a problem
for ftpfs.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin