Re: mc wish: possibility to configure passive/active ftp mode from UI (fwd)

Pavel Roskin wrote:
Hello!

I've applied your patch.  Thank you!

Thanks, but I am sure Andrew W. Nosenko should not be responsible for my patches ;-)

First part of this patch attached. One more option leaves Special settings and come to UI.

Great!  I'll update the manual shortly.

You removed mc.no_proxy description, so it became undocumented feature.

Another part should be discussed.  I see some ways to implement this
feature:

1. Check box in the "FTP: Password required" dialog. Public entries (entries without password) cannot be handled this way.
2. New ftp URL syntax.

Sorry, I don't understand this part. Probably because I didn't see the beginning of the discussion.

Andrew asked possibility to set passive/active mode personally for each FTP connection.

--
Regards,
Andrew V. Samoilov