Re: compiling CVS sources - errors from autogen.sh

Hello Pavel,

I am sorry but the error message: "aclocal: configure.in: 79: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library" keeps appearing and
breaking the code generation.

> Just install the "glib-devel" package.
this is what I have:

[pk ganymed mc]$ rpm -q -a | grep glib
glibc-devel-2.2.4-6mdk
libglib1.2-1.2.10-3mdk
glibc-2.2.4-6mdk

is that what you mean ?

Fyi, the fresh installation of Mandrake 8.1, where I do my experiments, uses:
Autoconf version 2.13
aclocal (GNU automake) 1.4-p5
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p5
gettext (GNU gettext) 0.10.39

I have also checked that cvs loaded the revision 1.28 of autogen.sh file (where you made the changes).
And for sure, I added the output of `bash -x autohen.sh` to the end of this message.

Thanks
Petr
________________________________

[pk ganymed mc]$ bash -x ./autogen.sh
+ : autoconf
+ : autoheader
+ : automake
+ : aclocal
+ : gettextize
++ dirname ./autogen.sh
+ srcdir=.
+ test -z .
+ cd .
+ rm -rf autom4te.cache vfs/samba/autom4te.cache
++ gettextize --version
++ sed -n '1s/^.* //p'
+ gettext_ver=0.10.39
+ rm -rf intl
+ gettextize --copy --force
+ rm -f po/ChangeLog
+ mv po/ChangeLog~ po/ChangeLog
+ test '!' -d config
++ aclocal --print-ac-dir
+ test -f /usr/share/aclocal/gettext.m4
+ aclocal
aclocal: configure.in: 79: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
+ exit 1
+ exit 1