Re: compiling CVS sources - errors from autogen.sh

Hi, Petr!

> I have just installed Mandrake 8.1 and checked out the latest sources of MC
> from CVS.

What versions of autoconf, automake and gettext do you have?  Are they
all installed in /usr ?

> I wanted to compile the sources, but this is what I got:

If you just want to compile the sources, then take the latest snapshot
from http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/snapshots/

But the problem with autogen.sh should be fixed anyway.

> [pk ganymed mc]$ ./autogen.sh
> aclocal: gettext.m4/codeset.m4: 5: duplicated macro `AM_LANGINFO_CODESET'

The current autogen.sh tries to avoid this problem by running aclocal with
local gettext macros and then without them.  Strange that it doesn't work.
Could you please run autogen.sh in the debuggin mode and post the output
to the list?  I mean running this:

bash -x autohen.sh

> aclocal: configure.in: 79: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library

You should install glib-devel package.

> What should I do to make it compilable ? I am not familiar with m4.

These are not m4 problems.  The problems are with aclocal, which is not
flexible enough to ignore duplicate macros.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin