Re: mcedit bug

Hi Steef Boerrigter,

> I have to take back what I just wrote about the user menu after reading
> Pavels response and further investigation.
> > Good work! It has indeed irritated me that inserting of "ls -l" output
> > did not produce what I expected.

Thank you for the "Good work!" :-))). The bug was there but the bug
report wasn't correct at all :-(. I've corrected it and Pavel already
fixed it.

Did you know that I've tried to implement the "word completion" feature
for the editor last year? (Yes!!! ;-))) Because I vacationed for nearly
a half month I was very curious to read the reactions to the patches
I've sent in (Dec. 2001 and Jan. 2002). But up to now still nobody
answered. Seems to take more time to validate it than I've expected :-(.
But in any case I rather want to know how other users of the MC think
about it. What do YOU think about the implementation? Would YOU use this
feature?

Best regards,
Matthias

PS: Do you remember the problem of converting lower case characters to
upper case? Ok, it's long ago :-)) but NOW I know the best solution:

shell$ tr '[:lower:]' '[:upper:]'

It is sooo simple, isn't it? ;-)