Re: mc not loaded

Hello!

> With RedHat7.2 and previous, inside a XWindows, I ran therxvt -e mc and
> my marvelous file manager was on the screen.  The I updated to RH8.0 and
> the above command doesn't work anymore. I can run rxvt or any other
> terminal the mc from inside the terminal, but I cannot run rxvt -e mc. To
> help you to solve my problem, I can say that first times I ran mc from
> inside xterm I got a missing library message, but I don't remember the
> name. After booting the machine after the upload I don't get that
> message anymore, but I cannot run rxvt/aterm/xterm/... -e mc

You may want to try running mc with full path.  You can use ldd to find
which libraries are missing.  Most likely you have an old binary
somewhere, but the libraries it was using have been uninstalled.  I don't
think I can help you more unless you quote the error message and the
output of ldd.

> I use mc as my ftp client manager, it's very simple but... is there a
> way to store the addresses once I wrote them??? It should be a great
> performance.

That's indeed FAQ, question 8.2.

--
Regards,