mc not loaded

Hi boys,
I'm new to the list so I beg your pardon if I'll ask ome or two FAQ's.

With RedHat7.2 and previous, inside a XWindows,  I ran therxvt -e mc and my marvelous file manager was on the screen.
The I updated to RH8.0 and the above command doesn't work anymore. I can run rxvt or any other teminal the mc from inside the terminal, but I cannot run rxvt -e mc.
To help you to solve my problem, I can say that first times I ran mc from inside xterm I got a missing library message, but I don't remeber the name. After booting the machine after the upoload I don't get that message anymorw, but I cannot run rxvt/aterm/xterm/... -e mc

Another question.
I use mc as my ftp client manager, it's very simple but... is there a way to store the addresses once I wrote them??? It should be a great performance.

--
Ciao.
Rev. Stefano	           -wmw-