RE: Issues with /tmp/mc-$USER directory

Hello!

> Why don't you skip the first step, and just do the second? :) Easier to
> implement just one version, less code -> less bugs and "more safe" (?).

I agree.  It's better to choose one solution.  However, it could be the
first step.

> Just another question: what happens, if there's no /tmp directory (I
> don't know OS like this)? I mean if the distribution uses for example
> the name /temp. I don't know it mc has to care about it.

Yes, unlike many other programs, mc has to care.  It shouldn't blindly try
to create directories with random names inside a non-existing temporary
directory.

By the way, whenever we are talking about /tmp, it's assumed that it can
be redefined by the TMPDIR environment variable.  So if somebody creates
/tmp/mc-yourname or /tmp is missing, you can set TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp and have
all temporary files in your home directory.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin