Re: Proposed syntax for key sequences

Hello!

Replying to myself, because nobody has replied so far.

> So far I have rewritten mc.lib to use the new format that supports key
> modifiers.  Before I implement the routines to read and write the new
> format, I'd like to make sure that there are no objections against the
> format itself.

Due to lack of interest and time, the new syntax for key sequences will
not be in the next release.

However, I started implementing the back-end part.  I added bits to the
keycode that represent the state of the keyboard modifiers.  Some popular
sequences for rxvt and xterm (but not for konsole and gnome-terminal) have
been hardcoded temporarily into the xterm_key_defines table.

The modifiers are stripped in correct_key_code() and can be retrieved by
calling get_modifier().  This is a very primitive and temporary solution,
but it works.  If I get a chance, I'll try to strengthen it out.

Currently supported are the sequences for Shift with cursor arrows,
Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown.  I may add Ctrl-F3 .. Ctrl-F7 for the
nc-like panel sorting if I have time.

We are currently just one issue (adjusting FTP home) away from the
4.6.0-pre2 prerelease.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin