Re: panel switch (Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 in the other OS

Hello!

Your explanation is not quite clear.  Do you want a key that changes the
current panel to the directory used by the other panel or a key that
changes the other panel to the directory used by the current panel?

A key that changes the other panel to the directory used by the current panel.

Assuming that you want the former, I tried to implement it, and it doesn't
feel very comfortable.

I understand why this might feel unconfortable. This funcion is an old windows legacy that most of us converts are used to. Windows Commander (_the_ file manager for windows), Norton Commander, RC etc. have panels working that way.

Its a big time saver and most of the other linux file managers have the
feature implemented.

OK, please give more information.  I don't have time to check all other
file managers.  How does it work and which key does it use?

Krusader is one of the more popular GUI file managers. (http://krusader.sourceforge.net/scr.php?s=1). This KDE file manager is actualy a clone of Windows Commander (mentioned on the homepage).

It works this way: when you are in one panel, use [ctrl] + [cursor right] to change the right panel to the directory used by the left panel (there is also [ctrl] + [cursor left] to do the oposite).

Other file manager that I have used and that has the same funcion is: Gentoo (http://www.obsession.se/gentoo/)

Thanks.

ZJ