Re: panel switch (Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 in the other OS

Hello!

> > Your explanation is not quite clear.  Do you want a key that changes the
> > current panel to the directory used by the other panel or a key that
> > changes the other panel to the directory used by the current panel?
>
> A key that changes the other panel to the directory used by the current
> panel.

Actually, Windows Commander 5.0 does it both ways.  Ctrl-Left and
Ctrl-Right transfer the current directory to the left or to the right
respectively.

Krusader 1.02 always changes the inactive panel.

gentoo 0.11.30 doesn't seem to support those keys in the default
configuration.

I think the behavior of Windows Commander is the most intuitive.  But
adding it to MC would require extending the "Learn Keys" dialog.
Actually, the whole support for learning keys should be rewritten.  Some
terminals don't distinguish between Ctrl-Left and Left, and the users will
be confused.  This is a major change, and I don't want to do it before the
next release.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin