Re: Problem with Russian translation

Hi!

> When you trying to chown a group of selected files (C-x c) using
> russian translation, many buttons are overlapped, because translated strings
> are too wide.

It's not specific to the Russian translation.  The same problem exists
e.g. in the German and French translations.

I understand that "Advanced Chown" was supposed to replace both "chmod"
and "chown", but this effort stopped many years ago.  I don't think it's
worth the trouble to improve "chmod" and "chown" (apart from security
fixes) just to discard them down the road.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin