Re: the latest multiscreen+b+c patch

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:58:21PM -0300, FrИdИric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> BTW, some days ago I asked Pavel privately about the
> integration of the patch. Quoting:
>
> "There are problems with the previous patches by Walery, and
> I'm already getting bugreports about them.  To name a few:
>
> Ctrl-O is the editor followed by "exit" hangs mc.

IFAIK he reviewed and rewrited Ctrl-O code in editor and viewer himself.

> Encodings are not bound to termimal.
> Filenames are neighter recoded nor filtered.
> There is no option to filter out characters 128-159 without
> affecting the encoding."

I strongly believe that advantages of most improvements
are more important than related minor problems and bugs.

Moreover there is no man that can write 100% bug-free (and problem-free)
code (FIXME). And what, only this virtual man can write for MC?

--

Regards, Walery