Re: Midnight Commander within console in UTF-8 mode

I guess it's not an urgent problem and with upcoming glib 1.4 we'll
get nice unicode module, so we can be independent from platform
and have a better framework to deal with different charsets.

I should mention, that MC wasn't(and still not completly) 8-bit
clean quite recently - I've commited patches to work with russian
filenames and strings in the input less than year ago.

And noone complained before :) So, I hope, we can wait a bit untill
new version of glib will be released.

Also, I don't remember claims that Slang is UTF8 or UCS16 safe..

Regards,
    	Timur.