Re: Update.

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Hi, Tomasz!
>
> > > 	* Updating documentation: we need to update the docs to
> > >           reflect the location of the mailing lists, the web page (old
> > >           or new) and drop the mc.sgml file (which was never actually
> > >           used)
> >
> > IMHO it will be better keep SGML/XML file as source all documentation.
> > Also man pages. I can prepere this (if You allow me :).
>
> Actually, what should be done is a converter from the manpage to SGML and
> back.

Do you anything about good roff to SGML converter ? I don't belive it is
possible but always is possible from SGML to roff ot any other format.

> It should preserve the links in the manpage. The links are actually
> hints for man2hlp, generator of the helpfile - they are implemented as
> comments with the word "LINK2".

In long time it will be good drop current implemetation help system in
mc. Why ? because in current implemetation isn't possible make them
i18nable. Idont know kow it must look but also for this resources it will
be good keep all source form in XML/SGML.
Also I don't know is it good idea use man page for chain them to help
system.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek rudy mif pg gda pl*