Re: About x_set_dialog_title()

Hi, David!

> Here's a patch to remove x_set_dialog_title() and set the title with
> create_dlg(). Some dialogs don't have title or the dialog has different name
> and title so I added an extra parameter.

I think it's a good patch. I'll apply it after I review it more carefully.
But please next time include ChangeLog into the message. It's important
that everyone can comment on it.

Please don't abbreviate function names in ChangeLog as you do in

	* dlg.h: Removed x_set_dialog() and added title as parameter
	for create_dlg().

There is not such function as x_set_dialog(). You may want to read GNU
Coding Standards regaring ChangeLog format at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_39.html

Even if we don't fully agree with those standards, it's better than we
follow them instead of using different styles in the same file. Note that
the example doesn't use Past Participle. I.e. write "Remove", not
"Removed".

Please read the patch before sending. You don't want to change my
ChangeLog entries.

I could not understand the motivation behind the patch to hotlist.c from
the ChangeLog. Are you trying to avoid trailing spaces in the translatable
strings? Or there is already a translation for "Moving %s"?

In fact, there is a very good reason why this patch should be applied -
because the translation of "Moving %s" is not guaranteed to end with a
space and %s in some languages - it can be e.g. "Setzen %s um".

A better description would be "Don't force English word ordering" instead
of "Change to fit translations". The translation teams could provide
useful feedback to the developers about such wrong assumptions.

I'm applying this patch with the fixed description.

> It might be interesting to do something about the spaces before and after
> the title. Now they are placed in the title (and in all translations). I
> think we should do that in a standard way for all titles:
>
> a) Keep them as they are now
> b) Add spaces in create_dlg()
> c) Add spaces when drawing the frame, just when needed.

For the version that will be included into GNOME-2.0 add spaces in
create_dlg() and trim them from the strings. I don't like the idea of
adding the spaces "when needed" - this would promote sloppiness. MC
shouldn't have to do "smart" things with its own code.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin