Some smbfs issues

Hi!

There are one intresting place in smbfs.c:smbfs_stat

	{
		char *sp, *pp = path;
		int hostlen = strlen(current_bucket->host);
		pp += strlen(path)-hostlen;
		sp = server_url;
		sp += strlen(server_url)-hostlen;
		if (strcmp(sp, pp) == 0) {
			/* make server name appear as directory */
			DEBUG(1, ("smbfs_stat: showing server as directory\n"));
			bzero(buf, sizeof(struct stat));
			buf->st_mode = S_IFDIR | S_IRUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IROTH;
    		return 0;
		}
	}

I don't understand what we are win by this piece of code, but as result
files/directories ended with smb hostname can't be shown.
(Let we are successfuly connected to machine named linux and there is
file named Something.linux). And as result we have error message
'File Something.linux exists but can't be stated' and even more - one
entry from that directory is named by '.' now. All other attributes
of this entry is ok. And the same thing happen each time if
some share (IPC, printers) "exist but can't stated".
This is independed ? bug.

Can anybody explain me what this peace of code good for?

Best regards,
Andrew.

P.S. Please copy answers to kai cmail ru, I don't receive letters from list.