Re: cursor at EOL in input widget

On Tue 21 Aug 2001 00:54, Timur I. Bakeyev wrote:

> I'd suggest the name - INPUT_SELECT_COLOR, or smth. like this.
It isn't selection, it just show that text not changed and will be removed
when you start typing. Selection must be another color.

> The reason is, that:
>     a. in Far, NC and others this is primary a selection, which kills the
>     text, if any of altha-numeric character is inputed.
In FAR not changed text has gray on cyan color, and selected text is white on
black.

>     b. We also do have a concept of a selecton in an input field, even it
> is not perfect - you can cut text by pressing C-@ at the beggining of the
> selection, go to it's end, press C-w, etc.
I think, this is not useful, better make normal select/copy/cut/paste with
common shortcuts like S-Arrows/C-Ins/S-Ins and C-c/C-v/etc.

> Speaking about grey on cyan - did you check, that this combination in B/W
> gives usefull color pair? I guess, it should look like white on black, but
> what are the actual colors?
I think, this in not a problem, because it is only cosmetic feature.

--
C U L8er!
Max Schedriviy                  mailto:max tavrida net