Re: Friends of GNOME campaign

Seif Lotfy <seif lotfy com> wrote:
> I am totally onboaed with the privacy campaign. I also would like to suggest
> an alternative campaign.
> * Usability Testing Campaign *
> The goal would be to get real users in to do real use-cases which correspond
> to target verticals, watch the videos, file bugs and enable the designers to
> work on those issues.
> What do you think?

Usability testing or privacy are nice ideas, but we have to be able to
link the money we will raise to these deliverables. How will extra
funds ensure that these things happen? Can we guarantee that we will
make progress if we raise enough cash?

I asked about extra hardware for testing a little while back [1]. The
answer I got [2] was that extra money wasn't currently required. It
was implied that extra sysadmin resources would help though.

One idea - could we raise money to support extra interns through the
Outreach Program for Women?

Allan

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-os-list/2012-August/msg00040.html
[2] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-os-list/2012-August/msg00042.html