Marketing Meeting Minutes

Hi all! We had a marketing meeting on a conference call today, with a
few also participating on IRC (mostly Xan, and Fabiana & Andreas
Nilson who had problems with connections -if I missed anyone sorry!!).
Deindre also participated - I think both on the phone & IRC though I'm
not 100% on that :) These are my notes/minutes from the meeting. If
anyone else has stuff to add please do so!

Introductions:
Sririam Ramkrishna
Karen Sandler
Emily Gonyer
Oliver Propst
Allan Day
Fabiana Simões
Seif Lotfy (mid meeting)

Friends of GNOME:

Olivier: Web/Webkit
Pros: Web is very important today, and our in-house browser could use
some love. Web applications are becoming more important, and making
people excited about us via a great in-house browser could be a boost.
Cons: Webkit2 features - relating to privacy/security how to tie into
a broader campaign? Difficultly getting our message across without a
lengthy period of figuring out our message.

Emily: Privacy/Security
Pros: Buzz creation, something different and important to virtually everyone
Cons: how to implement privacy and security in gnome design

Seif: Usability
Pros: user involvement, online buzz, we care about users.
Cons: it would be better to do at a later date for various reasons

- Tentative agreement for Karen to reach out to the Tor Project
(https://www.torproject.org) and others for a campaign related to
Privacy and Security.

We're also hoping to have bi-weekly meetings going forward, as we all
thought this one went well.

Emily
--
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein