Marketing Meeting Minutes

Hi all! We had a marketing meeting on a conference call today, with a
few also participating on IRC (mostly Xan, and Fabiana & Andreas
Nilson who had problems with connections -if I missed anyone sorry!!).
Deindre also participated - I think both on the phone & IRC though I'm
not 100% on that :) These are my notes/minutes from the meeting. If
anyone else has stuff to add please do so!

Sririam Ramkrishna
Karen Sandler
Emily Gonyer
Oliver Propst
Allan Day
Fabiana Simões
Seif Lotfy (mid meeting)

Friends of GNOME:

Olivier: Web/Webkit
Pros: Web is very important today, and our in-house browser could use
some love. Web applications are becoming more important, and making
people excited about us via a great in-house browser could be a boost.
Cons: Webkit2 features - relating to privacy/security how to tie into
a broader campaign? Difficultly getting our message across without a
lengthy period of figuring out our message.

Emily: Privacy/Security
Pros: Buzz creation, something different and important to virtually everyone
Cons: how to implement privacy and security in gnome design

Seif: Usability
Pros: user involvement, online buzz, we care about users.
Cons: it would be better to do at a later date for various reasons

- Tentative agreement for Karen to reach out to the Tor Project
( and others for a campaign related to
Privacy and Security.

We're also hoping to have bi-weekly meetings going forward, as we all
thought this one went well.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power and magic in it. -  Goethe

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr.Seuss

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that
counts can be counted. - Albert Einstein