Re: GSoC News Post

Here comes another rough draft (around noon today I sent a reply only to Allan's mail address... note to myself, learn how reply to a mailist).

The GNOME project accepted as an participant organization in Google Summer of Code 2012 (headline)
For the 7th year the GNOME project will participate in the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
program. Google Summer of Code is an opportunity for post-secondary students
to contribute code to open source projects during summer vacation and get paid for
successful contributions. This year edition of Google Summer of Code is
between May 21 - August 24 , the deadline for submissions is April 6.

The GNOME project offer students several interesting projects to work on,
a list with suggestions is available at http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas
It is also possible to submit your own idea.

[a quote from a member of the GNOME foundation that say something about GSoC as a great way to
get involved in the GNOME project/open source]

For more information about requirements and how to apply please
visit http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Students

This draft is very minimal maybe it can be extended in some way.