Re: Marketing Meeting next week.

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 18:46 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 03/16/2012 06:26 PM, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
> > I've been quite happy with the inclusion of a meetbot during IRC
> > meetings.  It totally automates the minutes, action items, info points
> > and logging in a way I can't see video conferencing achieve.
>
> Personally I think meetbot minutes can't hold a candle to human
> written/typed minutes. Most meetbot minutes look like this to me:
>
> Meeting started by nick1 at 16:00:46 UTC (full logs).
>
> Meeting summary:
>
> * Topic 1 (nick1, 16:05:03)
>   *  url (nick2, 16:23:22)
>   *  ACTION: Update proposal (nick1, 16:35:19)
>
> * Topic 2 (nick1, 16:38:01)
>   * ACTION: Request comments on mailing list (nick2, 16:58:12)
>
> Meeting ended at 16:59:30 UTC (full logs).
>
> Basically useless - and you need to read the full logs to get any
> information. MeetBot automates nothing - it requires someone responsible
> for minutes during the meeting.
>
> Also, meetings that aren't linear, but where someone wants to add
> something at the end of a meeting related to something earlier, are a
> mess in meetbot. Unstacking actions, or changing stuff that is already
> minuted, is really hard. But we do this with written minutes all the time.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.

Agreed.  I try to go for Executive Summary (human written) after the
meetbot has done its job.  But I find the two tools together make for
the perfect magical combination rather than "one or the other."

The meetbot can be useful that someone can volunteer to make a
human-friendly minutes without even being present at the meeting because
of transcripts etc.  How do you get a transcript of a video conference?
That seems to only be useful for those who are present at the meeting,
but not for those who are unable to attend the meeting but still want to
read the meeting transcript?

Bryen