Re: Marketing Meeting next week.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

On 03/16/2012 06:26 PM, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
I've been quite happy with the inclusion of a meetbot during IRC
meetings.  It totally automates the minutes, action items, info points
and logging in a way I can't see video conferencing achieve.

Personally I think meetbot minutes can't hold a candle to human written/typed minutes. Most meetbot minutes look like this to me:

Meeting started by nick1 at 16:00:46 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary:

* Topic 1 (nick1, 16:05:03)
 *  url (nick2, 16:23:22)
 *  ACTION: Update proposal (nick1, 16:35:19)

* Topic 2 (nick1, 16:38:01)
 * ACTION: Request comments on mailing list (nick2, 16:58:12)

Meeting ended at 16:59:30 UTC (full logs).

Basically useless - and you need to read the full logs to get any information. MeetBot automates nothing - it requires someone responsible for minutes during the meeting.

Also, meetings that aren't linear, but where someone wants to add something at the end of a meeting related to something earlier, are a mess in meetbot. Unstacking actions, or changing stuff that is already minuted, is really hard. But we do this with written minutes all the time.

Yes, there is nothing like a good minutes taker.  (who I will need for this thing ;)

sri