Re: Hello - wish to contribute to GNOME Marketing

Good morning Karen - and thank you!

I would love to help out and that looks like a great place to start, so I will jump right in. I'll definitely be around on IRC (I was out yesterday, actually - had to shake out the cobwebs and remember how to use it, it has been years...)

Once I have some feedback I will let the team know, and after I get my feet wet and have some experience, I'm definitely keen to work on new projects as they arise too.

Thanks again,

-Brett

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
On Sat, June 2, 2012 4:18 pm, Brett Legree wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just a quick note to say hello - my name is Brett Legree, I am a nuclear
> and chemical engineer by trade, a technology enthusiast by passion, mostly
> in the area of UI/UX, and so this means that I work with and test as many
> different operating systems and interfaces as I can find.
>
> I like to write and speak in front of people (I do it for a living as part
> of my job) and I thought that I could put some of my talents and interests
> to work with the GNOME project. Marketing seemed a possible fit for me (I
> even studied it as a minor at school, and worked in sales for a time, as
> well as taking formal presentation science training), and so I am here to
> help!
>
> I have not stopped in yet on IRC but will do so when I can (I was speaking
> with Sri on Google+ and he suggested I do that!)
>
> Oh, you can find me on Google+ obviously as Brett Legree.
>
> Thanks, and hope to get started helping however I can.

Welcome Brett! An easy thing if you're looking for getting started is to
read the materials we've got up in draft form for our biannual report and
just help us make sure everything is readable, checking for typos and the
like!

A lot of the materials are linked to from here:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2011

Whether it's this or something else you get involved in, thanks in advance
and hope to see you in the IRC channel! :)

karen