Re: Fw: AGM Meeting: Proposal (on p.g.o)

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Juanjo Marín <juanjomarin96 yahoo es> wrote:
> Discussion in: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2012-July/msg00016.html
>
> I don't know if we agree to give a recommendation as a team. From my personal
>
> 1) GNOME memes, though is funny for most of the people, there could be cases that
> this particular sense of humour can be misanderstood by some people. AFAIK, it's
> an anonymous blog so we can't make sure she will follow the Code of Conduct,
> and this is my main concern.  The good part is most of the jokes are about
> the gnome community so it is good to communicate we don't take ourselves
> too much seriously. Not very sure if it is suitable to include this, though I'm not
> totally against.

It is very much "in-joke" kind of humor. I think that those who
understand it can find it and follow it on twitter or tumblr.
The planet is read by a much broad public. With that in mind, I do not
think this is a good choice for the planet.

It would be a dangerous source of misunderstanding, misinformation and
even alienation for those who are not "in the loop".

> 2) The Commit Diggest is very informative blog about what is going on in the
> project. I can't find any reason to not include this in planet gnome.

I support this because it is informative of current GNOME development.
It is not too long in its usual posts and is readable for casual
followers of the project as well as for developers.

That is what I think.