Re: 2012 Annual Report

On Sat, December 1, 2012 9:45 am, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 02:59 PM, Emily Gonyer wrote:
>> We're coming up on the end of 2012 which means we need to start
>> thinking about the 2012 Annual Report.
>>
> We also need a deadline, and such a deadline everyone need to be
> committed to.
> I've asked Karen to lead the coordination in order to avoid the
> trainwreck we had for 2010-2011 (and them becoming a bi-annual report
> instead of a annual report)
> I propose March 3rd of 2013 as when we need to be done.

I would propose March 22, as that's one week after our report needs to be
filed with the IRS, and that way we can incorporate any of the changes
that our accountants make (no matter how early you try to get them to work
on this, they never seem to finish until the deadline).

> Today - Holidays - we need to get the Fog campaign out. So any work
> during this period is out of the question.
> Jan 5th - Feb 1st - Content needs to be set in stone, collecting donor
> data and financial numbers, initial writing happens. Length of articles

We've already collected the donor data! :)

> decided.
> Feb 1st - Feb 15th - Design begins, writing finalized
> Feb 16th - Feb 26 - Writing proof reading and fixing, design finalized.
> Feb 26th - Mar 3rd - Proof reading of finished design pdf. Fixing.
> Publishing.
> (Note that February only have 28 days!)

These deadlines sound great, though! We can take the extra time to pad the
proof reading and fixing.

Thanks for setting this out, Andreas.

karen