Re: Ubuntu GNOME Flavor naming

Agreed with the above, and follow on to my liking Ubuntu.

Ubuntu GNOME works for me then.

Brett

On Aug 13, 2012 5:08 PM, "Brett Legree" <brett legree gmail com> wrote:

I'm quite sure you would be approved.

Your point about it having the fallback is good - Ubuntu GR perhaps.

I'm sort of in the camp that GNOMEbuntu or GNObuntu sound sort of wonky.

(To be honest, I don't care for the names of any official spin, except for Ubuntu Studio... because it doesn't sound like Kubuntu, Xubuntu etc.)

Brett

On Aug 13, 2012 4:45 PM, "Jeremy Bicha" <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
On 13 August 2012 16:31, Brett Legree <brett legree gmail com> wrote:
> I have spent some time reviewing this
> http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy for other reasons, and there
> is a section pertaining to naming remixes.
>
> I would suggest Ubuntu GSR (for "GNOME Shell Remix"), it sounds kind of
> high-tech, mysterious, perhaps a bit mechanical (a motorcycle of some kind?)
> and it isn't hard to pronounce.

I'm optimistic that we would get approval as an official Ubuntu
derivative relatively quickly. Once that happens, I believe we'd be
authorized to use *buntu in our project name. I will verify with the
Ubuntu trademark people also though.

Also at this time, my test ISO includes GNOME Classic/Fallback so it's
not just about GNOME Shell.

Jeremy