Ubuntu GNOME Flavor naming
- From: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com>
- To: board gnome org, marketing-list gnome org
- Cc: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>, Robert Ancell <robert ancell ubuntu com>, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 ubuntu com>
- Subject: Ubuntu GNOME Flavor naming
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:56:04 -0400
At the Ubuntu Developer Summit in May, several of us that work with
GNOME in Ubuntu discussed the need for a Ubuntu community derivative
similar to Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and others but which will try to ship a
relatively pure GNOME experience.
The traditional Ubuntu naming convention for these alternate flavors
is "Gubuntu" but it seems that could cause confusion with the
pronunciation of Google's internal distribution Goobuntu. We'd like to
instead use GNObuntu.
We want to run our proposed name past GNOME first to avoid the hassle
and conflicts of being forced to later rename the project.
] [Thread Prev