[Fwd: Question about the trademark policy and usage of the GNOME logo]

I'm catching up on my queue from all of the travel I've had, and one of
the items that was on my to do list was to follow up on this trademark
request.

I (and the board) think in this instance the trademark request is
something that the marketing team should weigh in on. Check out the
attached image for the proposed sticker. While I like the sticker a lot
and think it's well designed, it maybe touches on some bigger questions
about the GNOME brand and how we want to market ourselves.

This says "Powered by GNOME" and I know that some folks wanted us to shy
away from using terms like that or "GNOME Technologies", though I think
it's also necessary to provide ways for folks to say that there are GNOME
components involved in their products to help people understand how useful
GNOME is.

Allan Day and I had a long discussion about some issues connected to this
at FOSDEM (with Dave Neary and Emily Gonyer too) but it was impossible to
come to any quick conclusions there.

This is a narrower request, so maybe we don't need to tackle the huge
questions now, but what do you think about this?

I think it's kind of a neat way of handling our problem (though I'd of
course ask them to include the "TM", etc to comply with our policy - so
don't worry about that part).

thanks!
karen