Re: Storing marketing materials

On 11/14/2011 09:51 AM, Allan Day wrote:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Andreas Nilsson<andreas andreasn se>  wrote:
On 11/11/2011 10:18 AM, Allan Day wrote:
I've asked around and it seems like a Git repository could be the best option for us right now. We could host it on Gitorious or Github, both of which allow you to download a tarball of the entire repository if you want its contents on a one off basis. You could also access the repository using Sparkleshare [1].
I'm for storing things in gnome git itself and not spread resources out
across different servers too much.
For the website resources specifically I've created
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnomeweb-src
- Andreas
I'd prefer to host on GNOME infrastructure if I can. I can see a few
issues there though:

1) No GUI way to download the repository as a tarball
This is indeed a problem. Fixable with some kind of script that just tars it up maybe?
2) I don't want it to be slow to give new people accounts
This is a issue for all of git.gnome.org, but to some extent good too.
Maybe we could just have a mirror on git.gnome.org. Is that doable?

One point that I would like to raise is that I would be cautious about embracing non-free infrastructure, since I think that's a fight worth fighting.
- Andreas