Re: Storing marketing materials

On 11/11/2011 10:18 AM, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

Our marketing resources are currently stored on the wiki. This isn't
great, since things get fragmented across different pages and it's
hard work to maintain. I'd really like for us to have a single shared
repository for all our marketing materials, including assets (such as
photos, graphics), presentation materials, screenshots and so on.

I've asked around and it seems like a Git repository could be the best
option for us right now. We could host it on Gitorious or Github, both
of which allow you to download a tarball of the entire repository if
you want its contents on a one off basis. You could also access the
repository using Sparkleshare [1].
I'm for storing things in gnome git itself and not spread resources out across different servers too much. For the website resources specifically I've created http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnomeweb-src
- Andreas