Re: New GNOME.Asia Summit website launched

    I think this was already covered by Frederic in
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2011-March/msg00147.html

The message you cited is one I've already responded to on this list on
March 23.  (Search for "People who think they are synonymous have
misunderstood the substance".)

    by asking for a concrete proposal.

I'm trying to be flexible and work with the rest of you, but I
can offer specific proposals too.  How about these:

    Boost your business in Freedom, with Free Software

    Free your business with Free Software

    > Or "swatantra", in honor of India?

    I'd rather see the complete website translated instead of some single
    words to some languages as a surprise in the English version.

That was a concrete suggestion for one way to express the idea
that it's free-as-in-freedom.

Here's another.  Make a background image with a repeating text that
says "Free as in freedom".  It would say this in small letters, in
light gray on white so it looks like a watermark and doesn't interfere
with reading other text.  Repeating every inch vertically, and every
two inches, horizontally, like this:

  Free as in freedom      Free as in freedom    Free as in freedom

  Free as in freedom      Free as in freedom    Free as in freedom

  Free as in freedom      Free as in freedom    Free as in freedom

  Free as in freedom      Free as in freedom    Free as in freedom

I am neither a graphics designer nor an expert on HTML, Someone who
understands those things better might see a far better way.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation