Re: New GNOME.Asia Summit website launched

I looked at the home page.

The sponsors get more screen area than GNOME.  This seems like an event
to promote them more than an event to promote GNOME.

The top line uses the word "monetize" -- a word that carries the worst
fashion of today's usual mercenary attitude -- but says nothing about
freedom.  It does say "free software", but in that context people are
likely to suppose that "free" means "gratis", and there is nothing on
the home page to tell them otherwise.

There needs to be something on the home page that clearly refers
to freedom and shows that "free" means "freedom".

The way that I can think of is to have a graphic with various words
for free: ziyou, jiyuu-na, tu do, swatantra, mukt, etc., as well as
"free" itself.  (This method is somewhat trite, so it would be nice to
think of something more creative.)

I looked at Who Should Attend page.  It mentions 5 goals, and all
those goals are good, but the most important goal -- freedom on your
computer -- is missing.

The page says "FLOSS" a few times, and "free and open source" once.
To fully promote free software, it should always say "free/libre" or
"free/swatantra".  Mentioning open source is a distraction here,
so that term shouldn't be present.

I looked at the speakers page.  I was glad to see that you're giving a
talk about software freedom.  However, for each person who attends your
talk, a thousand will view the home page.  We need to get the message
of freedom into the home page so that thousands will see it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation