Re: GNOME.Asia lightning talk re GNOME 3 marketing

On 03/08/2011 09:29 AM, Frederic Muller wrote:
Hi!

I'd say GNOME 3.0 might not be useful as we'll have zillions of talks related to GNOME 3.0. Marketing GNOME could be, but with a very specific focus as we'll also have (or should have) talks on this topic.

List of currently approved talks are available here:
http://2011.gnome.asia/en/p/Talks2011/ but we're still receiving new submissions.
Indeed, we have

~ 1/3 talks is related to GNOME 3
~ 1/3 talks is GNOME technical talks
~ 1/3 talks is marketing talks e.g. contributing to GNOME talks
It's a very balanced mix!

Regarding lightning talks:
I thought of two topics:
1) Friends of GNOME - to push our subscription program
2) Marketing GNOME in Asia

Emily and myself can give the talks. However, since 90%+ of our talks are already related to GNOME 3 or GNOME, we also want to leave some spots for participants to apply to talk about some other projects :)

Pockey

Thanks.

Fred