Re: Getting GNOME 3

2011/3/3 Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>:
> Hi all,
>
> We need to decide on what instructions we want to give users for how to
> get this amazing new release of ours. I'd like to put this information
> on gnome3.org, but we might want to use it elsewhere, too.
>
> I have a few criteria I'd like to suggest for how we select the
> installation and distribution methods that we want to recommend:
>
>  * Full GNOME 3 experience. They should include GNOME Shell, the control
> center, default stripes wallpaper and GTK theme (Adwaita).
>
>  * High-quality experience: they should perform well and have no
> noticable bugs.
>
>  * Ease of installation: ideally, these options should not require the
> use of a command line.
>
> Any other factors we should consider?

Have you looked at Gentoo ? They contain also a repository[1] with GNOME 3.

I think we should add specific instructions with in case of:
- Fedora, a Fedora 15 alpha iso image or upgrade from F14.
- OpenSUSE, a one click install for the repository.
- Ubuntu, a link for apt to add the repository to the sources.list
- Other distros, report to us if there's any packages available or use jhbuild.
Probably we should use any newbies guide for jhbuild.

After this we should make sure that if there is any installation
problem to report to distros and not to GNOME.

Cheers
Luis

1 - http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=summary