Re: Can we document how to do GNOME announcements, please?

Le jeudi 09 juin 2011, à 09:57 +0200, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 06:38:39PM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > I'd actually simply make news.gnome.org redirect to www.gnome.org/news
> > and find a better place for the other feeds on the current
> > news.gnome.org.
>
> What to do about the existing content on news.gnome.org? Rename it to
> announce.gnome.org?

This is the "find a better place" part of my mail ;-)

Depending on what we're willing to put on www.gnome.org/news, a good
part could be simply linked from there, à la LWN (like Dave suggested).

Keeping the aggregation of feeds as they appear right now somewhere
(pgo/announcements/, for instance) could be a simple way for the team
dealing with www.gnome.org/news to to know about potential news items.
But this aggregation wouldn't be what we advertise externally.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.