Re: GNOME Speakers and goodies - MOSC2011

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 14:31 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
> On 06/07/2011 02:26 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 14:18 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> Besides, they want us to provide speakers to talk about how to
> develop
> >> GNOME (app) for newbies (beginners) and a brief introduction of the
> >> GNOME community.  Other topics can be proposed by the community as
> >> well.
> >>
> >> I am asking Bharath (based in Bangalore, India) to see if he has
> time
> >> to go, otherwise, if you are interested or you have anybody in mind
> >> recommend, please let us know. The organizer can provide 2 - 3
> nights
> >> of hotel for accommodation. Thanks!
> > Hi Pockey,
> >
> > Are the organizers going to cover the airfare as well?
> No, the speaker needs to cover it or ask for travel subsidy from the
> Foundation.

I suggest to be clear on this matter when you send invitations to
people.  Otherwise it sounds like this expense has been already approved
and also it looks like the board really would like to have somebody
there without previous discussion.

Also, the invited person could assume the invitation comes from GNOME
Foundation, therefore, some reimbursement exceptions would be applied to
him or her (as described at https://live.gnome.org/Travel).

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
http://people.gnome.org/~gpoo/