Re: GNOME Speakers and goodies - MOSC2011

On 06/07/2011 02:46 PM, Germán Póo-Caamaño wrote:

No, the speaker needs to cover it or ask for travel subsidy from the
Foundation.
I suggest to be clear on this matter when you send invitations to
people.  Otherwise it sounds like this expense has been already approved
and also it looks like the board really would like to have somebody
there without previous discussion.

Also, the invited person could assume the invitation comes from GNOME
Foundation, therefore, some reimbursement exceptions would be applied to
him or her (as described at https://live.gnome.org/Travel).

Thanks for clarification. Since the event will be on July 3, we have only 25 days to prepare, so I decided to send to the board and the marketing list at the same time. The other purpose of this email is to ask for goodies from the marketing list.

I already sent an invitation to GNOME.Asia committee, it may make more sense if someone from Asia can join the event to lower the travel cost.

Pockey