gnome 3 feedback

I have been using gnome 3 on opensuse for weeks now. Overall it is a good step forward. Much better than gnome 2. I like the new way things are run. What i don't like: waking up from suspending doesn't work getting passed the log in screen (a bug though so not really relevant here)

I like the theme, but (i know you're working on better theming for gnome 3.2 and all ) should be more easily available. more transparent theme options too. Take a cue from kde and instead of having to put themes into hidden .icon and .theme folders let us just use a gui in control panel that will do it all for us.

Also, make it more customizable. I understand that you want to keep things simple, so maybe have an advanced view setting in control panel that, when unlocked, allows us to customize things easily again. Like panel size, random colors, etc. Some things still need ui updated, like default icons. Try to keep things cool and modern.

Also, in control panel, make it easy to clear recent documents and even turn off feature of storing recent documents. Maybe have sometype of better social network integration into the desktop. I think there is the chat thing but maybe expand it further? unless there is already some program that does that?

But great work overall, you created a brand new interface and it is a much nicer way to use computer. I'm happy that you did not just copy stuff and the result is, in my opinion, the best ui i've used.  keep up good work, I hope i emailed the proper email address to give my feedback

sincerely,

new gnome user