Re: Q4 Updates Due

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 18:53 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > I'd be happy to do so. What exactly do you expect me to write here? I'll
> > be making the choice of bidder public as soon as they've contacted me
> > back.
>
> Perhaps just that? "We selected the successful candidate for the Maemo &
> GNOME maintenance work and there will be an announcement soon. They will
> be doing X, Y and Z over the next few months, and input, guidance and
> patches from community members interested are welcome"

"
The GNOME Foundation Board selected Igalia as providers for the GTK
+/MeeGo handset integration work. Carlos García Campos and Claudio
Saavedra will be working from 31st January on integrating GTK+ upstream
as a viable toolkit for use on the MeeGo Handset platform. The full
announcement is available on the GNOME Foundation blog
<http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2011/01/17/gtk-meego-handset-bidders-selected/>
"

Good?

Out of curiosity, will Meego do a joint announcement as well?

To keep this focused:

"For immediate release, the GNOME Foundation has selected Igalia to integrate the GTK+ toolkit as part of the MeeGo handset platform.  Carlos Garcia Campos and Claudio Saavedra will lead the effort starting the 31st of January to make GTK+ a viable toolkit for use in the MeeGo Handset platform.  The full announcement is available on GNOME Foundation blog <http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2011/01/17/gtk-meego-handset-bidders-selected/>"

I'm hoping that when people scan the press release they see in order "Igalia integrate GTK+ MeeGo Handset Platform".

sri