Re: GNOME 3 Q&A

Allan Day wrote:
> > Frederic Muller wrote:

> > > I can be in the channel from 0:00UTC to 16:00UTC
> >
> > It's looking like 15 or 17 February is going to be best. Any
> > preferences? Any more volunteers?
> >
> > I'll start putting some information on the wiki for this soon. It
> > hopefully shouldn't be too long before we can start advertising.
>
> I've put a first draft of the user day information up here [1]. Feel
> free to make corrections or improvements, or to provide me with
> feedback. We can hopefully start advertising the event very soon.

I made the initial announcement last night via my blog [1] and the
microblogging channels. Information about the event is on the wiki [2].
I realise that the announcement is a bit short notice, but there were
practical constraints and we can hopefully run more events should the
demand be there.

I have started a user days planning page [3]. We could do with some more
volunteers, so please sign up there if you haven't already.

I'm going to pursue getting operator permissions on #gnome for our
volunteers (probably won't be necessary, but it's best to be prepared).
Any other ideas for what needs to happen in preparation for the event?

Best,

Allan

[1] http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/gnome-3-user-days/
[2] http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/UserDays