material for desktop summit press kit

Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 13:01:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Karen Sandler" <karen gnome org>
Subject: material for desktop summit press kit

Hi board and marketing list!

We're putting together information for the Desktop Summit Press Kit, and
one of the sections is "hot issues" for both KDE and GNOME.

What do you think I should include?
Suggestions I've got already are:

The GNOME community will use the opportunity of the Desktop Summit
gathering to discuss the following 'hot' items in the community:

* GNOME 3; how to help the distributions to package GNOME 3 and ease the
overall adoption of its use and development, seeking feedback to help with
design and architecture

* Improving the collaboration with KDE for the lower levels of the stack

Also, I am pulling general GNOME information off of the website, like on
the 'about" page, but are there any other GNOME promo materials that have
been put together in the past?

thanks!
karen

Seconding Allan re reviewing progress towards 3.2 and looking at what's in the cards.

Additional hot issues (that is, some of these are salient and somewhat controversial, worth addressing):

* perception of difficulty of collaboration with design team (I said *perception*, not reality)

* Canonical, Unity, etc.

* GNOME's relevance to mobile

Hope this is helpful as a set of starter ideas.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
http://brainwane.net